Tuesday, February 8, 2011

February 8 - Open Wide!!

Today I had to take Josh back to the dentist to get a cavity fixed. Last night as Josh thought about going today he went into panic mode.  During the "operation calm down" I discovered something that Josh and I have in common.  We are both Big Ol' Worry-Warts!! Especially, when it comes to going to the dentist. I discovered long ago that I have a "special power" that makes Nitrous Oxide and Novocaine Null and Void!! 


Dr. David Johnson is so awesome.  He is very gentle with the kids and he's very fast, plus he's so cool :) He promised Josh that this cavity would be a fast fix. And it was.  He didn't even have to give Josh any Nitrous Oxide or Novocaine.  He told Josh it was going to feel cold for five seconds and proceeded to count to five and he was done with the drill. Then he buffed it. Then he filled it and wahlah - cavity fixed!!  I think it literally took in 5 minutes!!  Josh was like - really? That's it?!!  He was so relieved!!



So, the next time Dr. Johnson tells Josh it's a fast fix - he said he'd just take a deep breath and Open Wide :)  I love that kid :)

No comments: