Saturday, April 23, 2011

April 23 - Dyeing Easter Eggs


We dyed some easter eggs this morning. The kids loved it. It's a fun tradition we have to keep. So we fit it in this morning while getting ready for our family to come over to celebrate easter here with an Easter Egg Hunt, lunch and the First Annual Egg Bashing Contest!! Wanna see how it fun it turned out? Go to my post here.

I can't believe how much we got done this morning before they came. We cleaned, organized, went to the store . . . . twice :) . . . .colored eggs, removed dandelions from the yard (front and back), raked up the yard and got things out to be ready for a party at our house. Oh. . . . I had a shower too!

How did I get that all done? I couldn't have done it if it weren't for Josh and Hayden. I was so happy with them this morning. I asked them to help me get ready for the party and they were so cooperative. Usually I get a lot of whining and grumpin around when I ask for help. But not this morning. They were AWESOME!  I kept telling them how great they were to help me. They were really making us accomplish a lot and it was going super fast. They were so grown up and very helpful today. I don't want to forget that part about today. Love those boys.

I think coloring the eggs must have been more exciting to them then I realized.


Josh's blue egg brings out the blue in his eyes :D

No comments: