Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Marbles

Last night at scouts den meeting the lesson was to teach the scouts how to play marbles. Okay, so just try finding marbles at the store. I went to Walmart, Dollar Days, Target, Walgreens. . . no marbles. I was freaking out. I have 13 cub scouts and one set of marbles - from home. How were we going to do this. Luckily I thought of craft stores. Sure enough Hobby Lobby has marbles. Six packs to be exact. Last night I had 9 scouts. I ordered the rest online - they should be here before next den meeting when I'll hand the rest out to the boys.

I thought the evening was going to be boring but the kids had a blast and we actually ran out of time. I took my camera with me this time but in all the fun, I forgot to stop and take pictures!!!  Ugggg!!

Anyway . . . .  my boys went with me and Josh and Hayden caught the bug. They have been practicing today and I had to take a picture of their saved pile in the living room. Cute.

1 comment:

Kami said...

I just let the boys watch a Dirty Job episode in which we learned how marbles are made. Fascinating!