Monday, March 7, 2011

March 3 - With My Own 2 Hands!!


Hayden was at scouts FOREVER! He usually is very fast. I can't blame his leaders for being fast either. I think I found out why they're so fast when I subbed for his troop. They were sooooo naughty. Some of the boys were literally hanging from the curtains in the primary room. Wow, I was exhausted keeping up after them. Needless to say, Hayden had a teaching moment in the car all the way home and I asked him to be more respectful to his leaders not to act so wild. I wanted to tattle tell to all the moms. But, I refrained. Poor Hayden probably got an ear full for all of the kids.

Anyway. . . this particular scouts night was extra long. I wondered how his leaders were managing? I felt a bit nervous for them and wondered if they'd taken on a task that was too much!  Maybe they had decided to take our boys to "Paradise Island" instead. You know the one in Pinocchio where all bad boys are turned into donkeys?!  j/k. . . . lol

All I knew was that they were making bird feeders. I imagined a few things: - a pine cone covered in peanut butter and then rolled in seeds, a little bird house made from a milk carton with a popsicle stick for the perch and seeds inside it, or even a water bottle filled with seeds and wooden spoons shoved through for perches. Anyway. . . . . . I completely missed the boat.

When he finally came home, he was soooooo excited! The first thing he said to me when he walked in the door was "Mom, I made this with my own two hands!!"


"Mom, with My OWN Two Hands!!"  How AwEsOmE is that?!!  :)  :)  :)

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Isn't it great when our kids succeed at something, all on their OWN!!