Saturday, May 7, 2011

May 7 - I Did It!!


Okay, so just a little background here for a minute. I can't swim. I really can't. I know my limitations in the water and I still can have fun in a swimming pool. I play around a bit and can sometimes make it across the pool once or twice, but I can't swim.

So. . .when it came to the idea of snorkeling, it scared me a bit. The first time I was ever successful at it was about 4 or 5 years ago at Turtle Bay in Oahu. Emalee and Mandy were determined that I was going to experience snorkeling. They told me that they'd each take a hand and swim with me. They were so patient with me. They made me feel so comfortable. I thought that was so cool. I don't know if I ever thanked them appropriately. That experience was one I thought I'd never have again. Last year I tried to do it, but I was a chicken and I made a fool out of myself.

So this year, I decided that I was going to try again. Emalee was so good at urging me into the water. I did it!! I went snorkeling again. We had a great time at Tunnels earlier in the trip, but this beach, Hideaways Beach was the Bomb Diggity for snorkeling. Wow it was just amazing. The rocks came so close the beach. I was able to snorkel in such shallow water it was amazing. We saw so many different kinds of fish. It was so cool!! Thanks Emalee for encouraging me along. It was amazing!! I had so much fun here!!

No comments: