Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Walking


I totally blew it today and didn't take a single picture. This picture is not mine, but it represents one of the major things I did today for happiness. I went walking with a great friend.  She and I talked about how we are walkers and not joggers or runners. She reminded me about some of the benefits of walking.

Below are some of the great ones she reminded me about. 

The Benefits of Walking

All you need to go walking is the will to do it, a little time, and a decent pair of walking shoes. There’s no excuse for leading a sedentary lifestyle when you consider walking as a viable form of exercise. You can walk anywhere, and it provides the following benefits, and many more:
  • It improves your cardiovascular endurance
  • It tones the muscles of the lower body
  • It raises your metabolic rate into an ideal range for calorie burning
  • It reduces the risk of heart disease
  • It is not potentially injurious to your joints as jogging and running can be

No comments: