Monday, September 19, 2011

Cada Quién

Tonight dinner is cada quién.  My kids hear this phrase every now and again. Just like I did when I grew up. There is no other phrase that fits it better. My mom said the best way she knew how to describe this little phrase is it means "to each his own."  I never heard her use it in any other way then when describing what was going to be for dinner.


Once in a while, as we moms sometimes do, I just don't want to make dinner. So, it's cada quién. Each person fends for himself or each person gets an easy dinner that sounds good to them.  It could be cereal, something from a can, a sandwich or leftovers. You get the idea right, something quick and easy.


So. . . .last night, since I haven't done the grocery dinner shopping for the week yet, I declared it a cada quién night and this is what we came up with.






Hayden had a tuna fish sandwich, Zac had pepper bellies and I had Top Ramen noodles.

1 comment:

jen1313 said...

That is awesome! I'm so glad you carry on that tradition too. I loved cada quien every Sunday night. Thanks for sharing that memory.