Monday, January 24, 2011

January 23 - Homemade Granola Bars

Here's my new attempt at not eating Soy Lecithin. 
This ingredient is all of a sudden popping up everywhere, seems to be in everything. And quite frankly, the articles I read about it are freaking me out a little bit. Here's one more. :( BAD SOY

As I scanned the list of ingredients in the granola bars at the store, which I love for a fast breakfast, I could not find one single brand that did not include this nasty ingredient.  
So. . . . I just decided to make my own :D




They are very Yummy :)


They don't hold together very well though. So, I'm going to have to play around with this recipe until I can get them to hold together or try a new recipe all together.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Have you ever tried a LaraBar? They are pretty good, and don't have any soy. They are made from dates and then have other ingredients like almonds, apples, peanuts, cherries. Most flavors only have 3 or 4 ingredients. They are about 200 calories a bar, so more than most granola bars but oh so much better.

Cindy Quick said...

Thanks for the info. They sound delicious to me. Never heard of them. Where do you buy them at?