Friday, May 27, 2011

Memorial Day Preparations

For the past three years now I have been involved in Memorial Day preparations at the Herriman Cemetery. I have been assigned the Cemetery as part of my job at work. I accept applications for burial, I help people purchase plots and I'm to maintain the cemetery records. Along with that I have been asked to help put up plaques at the cemetery in preparation for Memorial Day. The first time I was asked to do it I have to admit I was a little put out. We had planned to make use of the long weekend and my plans were interrupted. But after I was done helping I felt a great sense of guilt for acting that way. I felt great for having been there and was glad I was able to help.

This year I recruited Zac to come and help me. It rained on us. But we had a lot of help and we finished quickly.  The cemetery looks beautiful. I was glad I could help out.


The verdict is still out with Zac :)

No comments: